Astronerd Photography LLC
Minerals on the Moon
Minerals on the Moon
Gregory U. Jáuregui
How many of us stay wonderstruck whenever we see the moon glowing in our sky? Is it hard for you to look away without first pausing and appropriately acknowledging its presence? The moon is a dynamic jewel in our sky that is hard to not find beauty in. In this piece, I want to show you how several minerals can decorate with color the lunar surface. To us, it appears to have an asphalt gray shade, but that's because our eyes aren't powerful enough to see the blues and oranges in the iron and titanium-rich soil.
With the appropriate telescope and camera equipment, one can observe details that our human eye can't reach. For example, to extract the faint surface colors in the piece "Minerals on the Moon" I had to capture close to 100 individual pictures, stack them into a single file, and from the combined final image I extract the details that only cameras are sensitive enough to collect.
If you know me or have been following me on social media, then you might know about the multiple years it took for me to achieve this detailed capture of the moon. It is my best one, yet!
Print Size & Details
- Printed on professional, durable, and heavyweight photo paper with a Luster Gloss coating.
- The fine art quality paper allows the image to achieve stunningly vivid colors and maximum image resolution.
- A half-inch white border will be added around the printed image.
- The indicated size refers to the dimensions of the full print. For example, if listed as 8x10 inches, then the actual size of the print including the white border is 8x10 inches.
- All prints are made to order from a local and professional fine art print shop in San Diego, CA.
- Please allow 3-7 business days for items to be printed, packaged, and shipped out.
- You will receive an e-mail with a tracking number as soon as shipping is confirmed.
- Considering pandemic-related delays might occur, allow for an additional 1-3 weeks of delivery time (but I doubt it will ever take that long).